A changing set comprising of a Birth to Potty Nappy, a Long Booster and a Fleece Liner.
Birth to Potty Nappy
One-size nappy – 4 – 15 kg. Can be adjusted to Small, Medium and Large size thanks to 3 rows of snaps.
outer layer : 95% cotton, 5% elastane
fill : 80% cotton, 20% polyester
inner layer : 60% viscose (bamboo), 40% cotton (organic)
Used to boost the nappy absorbency. Attachable to the nappy by 2 snaps.
faceside and underside : 60% viscose (bamboo), 40% cotton (organic)
fill : 80% cotton, 20% polyester
Acts as an effective poo catcher and provides an effective stay dry layer.
100% polyester (micropolar fleece)
The nappy needs to be used together with waterproof Cover.
The direction and layout of the pattern may differ from the illustration.
Paris - One Size Nappy (Snaps)
1. Washing and first time use
- Wash before first use to remove any residues from production process.
- It may take 6 – 10 washes to reach the bamboo’s maximum absorbency. So don’t be surprised at the beginning – it will improve along the way.
- Wash at 60°C !!! Lower temperatures won’t fully destroy the ammonia.
- No bleach, no softener !!! WARNING : Read carefully ingredients of your washing detergent.
- It is not necessary to make any special soap slime – standard baby washing detergent is good enough. We do not recommend using eco-friendly detergents – they often cannot sufficiently wash the ammonia out.
- Do not overload your washing machine or the nappies won’t get washed and rinsed sufficiently.
- Adjust the washing detergent dosage according to your water hardness (overdose causes clogging of the Hook & Loop).
- The Covers should not be spin-dried at more than 1 000 RPM.
- Line-drying is the ideal way as the sun sanitises and bleach out any remaining stains. Place the inner side of the nappy facing the sun. If you leave the insert snapped-in, you will save one pin
- Tumble drying, if necessary, is ONLY possible at LOW , but is not recommended as it will definitely shorten the nappy lifespan – perishing of the elastics, tears in the outer printed material. However, you must not tumble dry the Covers, Minimal Nappies and Changing Mats !!! Always remember, that you should treat the PUL material in the same way as for example your softshell jacket.
- Drying on heater is ONLY possible for Inserts, Boosters and Prefolds. The heat would damage the waterproof PUL layer of Covers, Minimal Nappies and Changing Mats. In case of Birth to Potty & Newborn Nappies, SIO basics, the elastics would get loose. Remember, that if you dry on heater too often, the nappies will get hard and rough.
3. Storing of Dirty Nappies
- Definitely Dry Pail – no soaking !!! Soaking destroys the bamboo fiber.
- Use flushable or fleece liners (placed in between the nappy and baby’s bottom) for easy disposal of solids and protection of the nappy from unwashable stains.
- Do not store dirty nappies for too many days. They should be washed in 2-3 days maximum.
- Keep the pail clean !
4. Various Tips&Warnings
- When washing, fasten the Hook & Loops into the counterparts that are hidden under the nappy “ears” (the hooks won’t collect dirt nor tear the threads off).
- Always wash and dry the Birth to Potty Nappy and Covers with the snaps undone (i.e. at the maximum size).
- When line-drying the Birth to Potty Nappies, they should hang from the nappy “head” (where the long loop band is) to prevent them from twisting.
- To disinfect your washing machine, once a month, let it run idle at 90°C and use vinegar instead of washing detergent. Once in 2 weeks, add a disinfectant (e.g. SANYTOL – DM Drogerie) to the washing.
- Remember, that especially for Covers, Minimal Nappies and Changing Mats the machine washing is more gentle than hand washing !!! By rubbing in hands, the PUL layer gets damaged. Again : you should treat the PUL material in the same way as for example your softshell jacket.
- Always undo the snaps very carefully by placing your fingers as close as possible to the snap, or the snaps will tear-off or the material around the snap will get torn. This mechanical damage is not claimable.